Apr 23, 2013

Hear from our clients about the struggles they are facing

Over the last year, Athens County Job and Family Services has invited our clients to tell us about some of the challenges and struggles they are facing.

As Ohio’s leaders deliberate over the state’s next two-year budget, we will be posting a few of these comments each week so that you can hear from some of our neighbors about the obstacles they face every day. We hope our leaders will look at how the budget impacts families who are just trying to survive, instead of only looking at the budget as a series of numbers and dollar signs.
We encourage you to take a few moments to read over the comments. Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration.
·    “No income and no job.   No medical card to see my family doctor.  I am homeless living back and forth with friends, family or parents.  I have no way to buy food and no vehicle.”

·     “I just lost my job and I have four children. I also don’t have a vehicle at this time. I’m struggling very badly right now to make ends meet.”

·     “I need help with housing. I’ve been getting help, but its’ barely enough with the cost of living in America today. For the things we are required to do for a $355 check and food stamps, our time is worth less than minimum wage for the hours we have to commit to.  I know it’s a drain on the American taxpayer, but if the rich insist on exporting our jobs to make a buck, then this condition in our country will continue and grow. Thank God for the little help we receive now.”


No comments: