Ohio residents can now apply online for cash assistance, food assistance and Medicaid, and they can make changes to their cases online as well.
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services has created a new website that allows state residents to apply for food assistance, cash assistance and Medicaid through one simple form. They can also now complete interim reports for their cases, fill out forms to reapply for services and report changes to their cases online.
The new web site also allows clients to:
• Review case information, including monthly benefit status, benefit issuance dates, card balances, and frequently asked questions,
• Print out up to 12 months worth of benefits history (this information is often needed when applying for other assistance programs),
• Receive access to common forms and notices,
• Enroll in a managed care plan,
• Find out where to return verification materials, with county addresses and fax numbers.
Athens County residents can still apply and make changes to their cases in person at the Athens County Job and Family Services offices if they prefer. The new online application has been added as another option in order to help the program be more convenient for Ohio residents.
For those residents who want to apply online but do not have a computer or Internet access, they can apply on the new computer stations set up in the Athens County Job and Family Services lobbies or at The Work Station in The Plains, or they may apply on other public computers in the area. The new online system requires each user to set up an account and have an e-mail address. If users do not currently have an e-mail address, the system will assist them in setting one up.
The online application form for cash assistance, food assistance and Medicaid is located at https://odjfsbenefits.ohio.gov/SelfServiceSplash.jsf.