Due to overwhelming demand, the Ohio Benefit Bank will not be able to schedule any more tax assistance appointments at The Work Station in The Plains for this year.
The Ohio Benefit Bank offers the tax assistance program as a free service to the community and has already scheduled all of its available appointments through the end of the spring tax season.
The Ohio Benefit Bank does offer an online tax assistance program, though, and area residents may also be able to receive assistance through programs offered in other counties in the region.
The online program offered by the Ohio Benefit Bank is located at http://selfserve.thebenefitbank.org/ums?task=login&partner_code=5444
In other counties in the region, the Ohio Benefit Bank is holding tax assistance programs with the following organizations:
· The Meigs County Department of Job and Family Services.
· The Gallia-Meigs Community Action offices in Middleport and Cheshire.
· The Vinton County Department of Job and Family Services.
· The Perry County Department of Job and Family Services.
· The Holland Center in Perry County.
Area residents are invited to contact any of these agencies to learn more about the tax assistance programs offered at their facilities and to see if they have appointments available.