Mar 26, 2013

Comments from a few of our clients

Over the last year, Athens County Job and Family Services has invited our clients to tell us about some of the challenges and struggles they are facing.

As Ohio’s leaders deliberate over the state’s next two-year budget, we will be posting a few of these comments each week so that you can hear from some of our neighbors about the obstacles they face every day. We hope our leaders will look at how the budget impacts families who are just trying to survive, instead of only looking at the budget as a series of numbers and dollar signs.
We encourage you to take a few moments to read over the comments. Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration.
“Getting back and forth to the doctor has been hard. I have no car and no money for gas. I have no heat and I do not enough food to eat. My medical coverage doesn’t cover everything."
“I am homeless. I have no money.  I have severe asthma and need $100.00 a month for medicine.  I need food, I need shelter.  I have no automobile.  Other than that Life’s Great!!”
“I lost my job, my house, my car…lost everything. I lost my job and have been getting unemployment.  Technically speaking, I have been homeless since August. I have no family and rely on friends for places to stay. Homeless shelters are full and can’t provide enough to meet the demands. I used to get medical assistance, which expired in August. Now, I can’t afford my medication, new glasses or to follow up with a doctor for my recent fainting spells. I lost my car in November. It’s hard to get a new job with no transportation and when you don’t know where you will be staying the next day.”

No comments: